Saturday, February 6, 2010

THE MAN BED!!!

There is a point in every male's life when he must take steps which eventually lead him away from being a boy and lead him towards being a man. Now some of you who know my son, Grayson, already know that in some ways he is already more of a man than most, forget the fact that he is holding a butterfly wand. However tonight he will take just one more step into manhood. Tonight my beloved son will move from the crib to THE MAN BED.

As I said above, Grayson has proven thus far in life to be what most parents would term "all boy." He likes sports, cars, red meat and destroying things. Apparently this past week he also
felt the need to show off his ripped bod by repeatedly taking his shirt off for his teacher at school and throwing it at her in an effort to get her to notice his washboard abs. So, being a proud father I could not let my son just move into any bed. It had to be masculine, it had to be extreme, it had to be legendary. So with the help of the little man himself we began
building "The MAN bed."

With 10" rigid pneumatic tires, a few 2x4's, and some heavy duty power tools in hand we did what all men were made to do, build. Unfortunately, due to "the man" keeping us down with work, it took two weekends to complete our endeavour. but nevertheless, we prevailed and tonight my little stud will reap the benefits.

Now my dreams were that this wonderful wooden masterpiece would only inspire dreams of Grayson's future Heisman and the conquering of The Big Texan 72oz steak. However, with the help of his big sister, my little man also found that a bed on wheels can also make for great transportation. Nevertheless,
dream well my son, for tonight you are the man.






No comments:

Post a Comment